The CineStill TCS-1000 Temperature Control System elevates developing film at home to the next level. Whether you are developing black and white, color negative, or colour reversal/transparency film, this system allows you to efficiently and easily heat the chemistry up to the precise processing temperature, and maintain it during the entire developing session.
- Intuitive ready-to-use interface does not require additional timers, downloading phone apps, nor connecting to bluetooth/wifi.
- Display and firmware preprogrammed to process film with an adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, B&W, etc.) in Min:Sec display.
- Simple toggling between °C/°F readouts.
- Universal bottle holder holds two 1000ml storage bottles (collapsible accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference.
- Maintain a controlled and constant temperature for all of your chemicals.
- PTC heating element, brushless DC motor and polypropylene impeller.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Ground protection and temp/water level/overheat protection sensor.
Mixing & Heating Chemistry:
Place the TCS-1000 in a 1000ml Mixing Jug with the marked volume of water and add each bottle of concentrate or bag of powdered chemistry to the solution. The chemistry is easily mixed and heated to the correct processing temperature in a few seconds without splatter, spill or additional oxidation. Jugs of heated chemistry are then ready for immediate processing.
Temperature Control Bath:
For long developing sessions and the most precise results, the TCS-1000 can be used as a temperature control bath. The included universal bottle holder attachment holds two 1000ml storage bottles (Collapsible Air Reduction, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub or basin of your preference and prevents them from tipping over. Submerging the bottles at the desired temperature throughout the developing process is by far the most precise way of developing colour negative and colour reversal film.
Advantages over Kitchen Appliances:
The CineStill TCS-1000 offers a user-adjustable precise temperature control, accurate from 0°C to 95°C (+/-0.1°C). Comapre this to cooking appliances which are only accurate between 45°C to 99°C (film processing ranges between 18°C – 40°C).
Display and firmware designed for processing film, starts up ready to process color film with adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, Df96 monobath, etc.) in Min:Sec.
Positive thermal coefficient (PTC) heating element heats/cools quickly and is more stable and durable than standard metal heating tubes, which run too hot and rust.
High efficiency DC brushless motor offers fast speed, low noise, does not give off heat when processing film at lower temperatures, and has a life cycle over 4,000 working hours, 20-30% longer than most kitchen appliances.