The Cinestill Cs41 Color Negative Simplified Powder Kit is a C-41 developing kit for easy color film development at home. Indeed, this kit mainly emphasizes the simple self-development of color film at home with the darkroom materials you already have for developing black-and-white films.
*Unlike the liquid version, Cinestill Cs41 Color Negative Simplified Quart Kit, this powder kit does not contain a stabilizer bath and final rinsing bath. Since most modern color films have a stabilizer in the emulsion, this bath is not necessary. When films are developed that are more than 20 years old an additional stabilizer is needed. We therefore recommend to opt for the liquid version of this processing kit in that case. As a final rinsing bath you can use either distilled water, Bellini BB C 97 or Kodak Photo-Flo.
The kit is usable at a temperature between 22 °C and 38 °C, see the included instructions for detailed possibilities. Up to 10 films can be developed simultaneously. The kit is reusable and has a maximum capacity of 24 films. Just like any other C-41 kit you will get the most out of your development kit if you develop as many films as possible in small batches one after the other. With each successive development session the development time should be extended to compensate for the reduced effect of the chemistry.
This kit comes in powder form and consists of three parts to be mixed with water. Part 1 (color developer) must be mixed with water to obtain the first bath. Part 2 consists of two parts (A + B), both of which must be mixed with water to obtain the second bath. The color developer has a shelf life of 6 weeks after mixing in full, airtight bottles. The other components keep longer.
In short, with this kit in combination with your existing film development tank, color thermometer and water you can easily develop your color films at home.
- For developing any color negative film (C-41).
- Powder chemicals, indefinite shelf life and easy to dilute with water.
- Process consisting of only two baths, as simple as black-and-white development.
- Develop color film with your existing materials for black-and-white film development such as a film developing tank and thermometer.
- More flexible temperatures compared to other C-41 kits.
- Clear instructions, for standard and push/pull development processes, both inversion and rotation development.
- Reusable chemistry for the development of up to 24 films.
- Develop up to 10 films simultaneously.
See the Cinestill Cs41 Color Negative Simplified Powder Kit for 1 Liter safety datasheet.